Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Signs, Sun, Surgery and Benadryl...

Lizzies surgery went well. Tracy took her in to Dartmouth this morning and they returned to our dentist back in Windsor in the afternoon. She has some stitches and the implant is in - she will have to be on anti-biotics for a while as she heals. But everything went well and she is home on the mend.

Here in NB, I've been suffering with some kind of allergy. I'm not sure what, but I've clearly come into contact with something that has seriously annoyed my immune system. The doc gave me a shot and sent me off to live in a Benadryl induced stupor for a week... I should recover.

It was another busy day at Arrowhead. We were very grateful to have our friends from Bear River with us again today. First on the agenda was moving back the pews into the chapel. Today with three times the manpower we were done in no time. After dinner I decided it was time to stop whining and file an official complaint with a doctor. While I was away the guys removed the old Arrowhead sign out by the road. It was a bigger job than we could have even considered without help. After I returned, I got busy in the shop building a frame for the new sign. All the guys pitched in to help us finish erecting the new sign... again without all that extra muscle... might never have happened. The new sign looks great, it was hand painted by our very own Carroll Hill and certainly makes a striking welcome to anyone going by or dropping in.

PS - the amazing traditional Mikmaq bread we've been enjoying is called Luski... in case you were wondering.

James and Pastor Nathan made the pews look much lighter than they actually were

Ben... faithful helper in the sign escapade

Again with the heavy...

The crew (L to R): Myself, Kevin, Nathan , and Todd... thanks a million guys!

No comments: