Sunday, July 26, 2009

Oromocto Week!

This past week we've had campers from Oromocto. It was a wonderful week. It wasn't without it's struggles, but the Lord worked in the lives of campers and staff. It was a real blessing to be a part of it!

After all of the staff arrived on Sunday we made it a fairly early night and were up bright and early Monday. Everyone pitched in on some chores and we got to it. I was greeted on Monday at breakfast by some somewhat disconcerting news about a flood in the basement of the main lodge. I called a plumber and we found that it was both of the 60 Gal. hot water tanks. They had simultaneously given up the ghost.... and leaked all over the floors! The tanks belong to NB Power, so they weren't long in replacing them for us! We had hot water by days end.

Also on that first night we found we still were having problems with bears. We have been having a Bear making a mess of our dumpster for a week or two, but the 80 plus people banging around the property didn't deter her (them). And to compound the problem, the garbage collection company had two trucks out of commission and our garbage was piling up. After several calls to the Dept. of Natural Resources we received a bear trap - it's been parked next to the dumpster all week.... and since it's been there we haven't heard a peep out of the bear... The garbage collection people... after some encouraging phone calls sent a pick up truck and trailer for our mound of refuse. So by end of day tuesday all seemed to be improving on that front.

We had a group of people from Lisbon Falls Baptist Church come to help us with camp. They are a puppet troop and have huge hearts for sharing the gospel! As well as the puppet troop, they worked as counsellors, kitchen staff (those ladies worked very hard this week) and even helped with running the boat. we certainly could not have run the camp without them. The gospel presentations, songs, verses and stories that Linda Audie and her team brought were amazing and clearly presented the gospel of Jesus Christ to the kids. By weeks end we had roughly 18 professions of faith, Praise the Lord. Mrs. Audie was able to give bibles to the children and I think they will be keeping in touch with the kids via mail! We were so encouraged to have them with us - and grateful for some wonderful new friends!

This weekend we have been recharging and preparing for a new week. we have a team coming from Gory, Ontario late tonight... if I hurry I may get back to the camp in time to greet them.

Pray for us this week, we had the boat sink last night and it will need to be serviced in order to be used again. I've been struggling with a allergic reaction, it doesn't seem to be all that serious just yet, but I had some swelling in my lips today, so I may need to go back to Minto Health Center again tomorrow for something a little stronger. The thing is I have NO idea what I'd be allergic to, the allergy started before I left NS... I've narrowed it down to one of two possibilities, it's either some licorice that I've been eating or possibly my new contact lenses (if you can even be allergic to those?) but other than that I can think of nothing consistant that'd be bothering me like this.

Please Pray for the staff and the campers this week, I'm sure the week will have it's own set of struggles, but the Lord provides as we need. The prayers of our friends and supporters will certainly help to carry us through! Blessings and I'll talk to ya soon...


Waiting on the dock for the boat, the kids sure love to swim!


Venus Coté was our chef this year in the kitchen. And let me tell you... it's takes a master to cook for nearly a hundred people and still have it taste like mom's home cooking... and Venus rocks that kitchen like a pro!

Mrs. Audie and the Lisbon Falls Puppet Troop!


In the afternoons the kids rotate between Crafts, Canoeing, Tuck shop and Archery! This week I manned the Archery field!


No comments: