Tuesday, May 4, 2010

P.A.T.H. Training • day (twelve)

Poverty Worldview

Today we took part in a one day workshop that P.A.T.H. was offering for the very first time. Poverty Worldview was facilitated by Dan Woodard and gave us the opportunity for some interesting conversation and a fresh perspective on Worldview and just how impactful it really is. Our socio-economic, political, religious, ethical, and relational perspectives impact our worldview and can perhaps surprise us with respect to just where our worldview sits. Early in the morning the power blinked and went out, leaving us in the dark for almost three hours of our class. But it wasn't a problem beyond the cold coffee (true trauma indeed). Dan will be departing for a time and returning to teach us through a module on De-institutionalizing Ministry later in May. I'll be looking forward to those sessions!





After lunch I went to the gym with a few of the guys and was mocked heartily by my own lungs. It was a good time though, I've been enjoying the chance to do some running around in the gym. Liz and Marcia were able to borrow the Geeting's van and made a run into Nipawin for some things at the Co-op. My thoughtful wife brought me home an insulated mug that I can fill to the brim with caffine for class!

As I type this it is once again snowing, I may sing some Christmas Carols!

No comments: