Monday, February 1, 2010

Men for God Conference: N.B.B.I.

This past weekend, I had the privilege to attend the Men's conference held at New Brunswick Bible Institute. The conference featured guest speaker Dr. Michael Loftis, President of ABWE and special music by High Meadow, a men's quartet from Maine.

The theme of the conference was 'Firemen', and was carried through the weekend. We enjoyed demonstrations by several local fire departments as well as messages encouraging us to be 'battle ready' as Christian men in a fallen world.

The conference was a great encouragement and offered opportunity for fellowship and reconnecting with old friends. I took the opportunity to introduce myself to a man working as a missionary in Northern Quebec. It happens that he is working in a community where a friend of mine lives. I haven't seen my friend in many years, we spent a couple of years in high school together, which is when we last saw one another. After completing school, my friend returned to his home community where he now lives and works. I asked the missionary if he knew my friend, and he did indeed know of him. I felt burdened that day to take the opportunity to send a devotion book to my friend and his wife, so I asked the missionary if he would take it to them when he returned. He willingly agreed so I picked up a one year devotional book at the N.B.B.I. bookstore and sent it along. Just today, to my great delight my friend sent me an eMail telling me that just 2 weeks ago he accepted Jesus as his personal saviour, and that his wife too had accepted the Lord!

Praise the Lord! And please keep them in prayer as they seek a new life in Christ.

As part of the Hartland Fire Dept. demonstration, this car was disassembled using the jaws of life and removed from the gym in pieces in only 15 minutes.


There was a large crowd that came from as far as Saskatchewan and Massachusetts.


It was a refreshing weekend! (and a bit exhausting)

P.S. - special thanks to the N.B.B.I. Facebook page for the pictures :0)

No comments: