Thursday, September 3, 2009

Official 2009 Arrowhead Promo

I've completed the 2009 promo video for Arrowhead's summer camps. This video we, and the other area missionaries, will present at churches as a way to share some of the camp life with them. It was an interesting experience preparing the video this time. I selected two pieces of music that I wanted to use as accompaniment tracks for the video. The first is You Alone from the album Because of Me written and performed by Richard Paul. Richard is a Christan Gospel musician from St. Mary's, and he graciously gave us permission to use his music. The second track that I selected is I Want to Praise You performed by SonicFlood. Getting permission to use this music was a bit more tricky, but only took a couple of days. I had to get a master license from the band and a synchronizing license from the writer of the song. Both organizations were very gracious and helpful and for a nominal processing fee I acquired permission for the tracks. The process of seeking permission was a good experience and will hopefully make it simpler in future.

You can watch the finished video below.

Our next video project will hopefully be a short documentary about the origins and history of Arrowhead. It's a bit ambitious, but I'm looking forward to working on it with Kevin. But, if you've had a role in Arrowhead at some point in the past, don't be surprised if we approach you with a video camera!



No comments: