Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy New Year...

Now that January is almost over, it would seem that I have been a little negligent of posting updates to our blog. We enjoyed a nice Christmas break in Nova Scotia, and returned shortly after New Years day. It was nice to have a bit of vacation with friends and family. It was very exciting for us to share in Ivy's first Christmas.



Our Holiday festivities weren't without incident however, I fell after Christmas and damaged myself. Initially I presumed to have sprained my arms, there were bruises and a good deal of pain. So, as I had decided that they were simply sprained I elected to let them heal on their own and didn't go to the clinic. After coming home to New Brunswick, the bruises were healing, but the pain and mobility were not. So I went for an x-ray, to find out that I had two fractures in my left elbow and one in my right. Further to that, they had no treatment option. So, I am left to my own healing, which reportedly,  will take a couple of months. But, I'm fine.

We had our first ANBC Advisory Team meeting of 2013 this past Saturday. There are some exciting new things afoot for this year. Stay tuned here for updates on the progress of planning our events and schedule for this year.

I will be leaving in the wee hours of Monday morning for Richmond Virginia. My flight leaves at 6:00am, which means I need to be heading out of Cumberland Bay at about 3:15am or so. Prior to Christmas, I received a call from NCEM General Director, Albert Heal. NCEM has five summer Bible camps and a Bible school, and numerous children's Bible Clubs and Sunday School ministries. It is vital for us to be aware and sensitive to the needs and safety of those children. As a manager of a Bible Center, they felt it would be valuable to have me as a representative on the committee. The conference is run by the Child Safety Protection Network and will take place at at the IMB: International Learning Center in Rockville, VA. If I am able I will post an update or two throughout next week. I will be attending the conference with Albert Heal and Pat Elford. It promises to be a challenging conference, we covet your prayers as we take in the meetings and discuss issues surrounding children's ministries.

No comments: