Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Gospel opportunity..


I had an opportunity last week to travel with the youth group from our church to a youth event in Fredericton hosted by Devon Park Baptist Church. Micah Hiltz, the youth pastor at Devon Park, hosted the event and asked if I would come out and share the gospel with the teens. We had a large group from our church in Cumberland Bay, taking 23 teens to the Amped event was a wonderful opportunity for our youth leaders and pastor.

To be honest it made me pretty nervous to consider it. I've become accustomed to speaking to groups of people over the past several years; but the opportunity to share the gospel with a group of teens, many of whom would likely not know the Lord as their personal Savior, impressed a heavy burden on me. The burden to handle well the gospel, and present it in a clear and comprehensive way. A lot of prayer went into the evening, and I was humbled and pleased to be able to speak to the teens.





No comments: