Friday, February 3, 2012

wonderful full days

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." Psalm 136:1

As our schedule fills with meetings, ministry updates, doctor's appointments, events and conferences, we are busily preparing for our upcoming programs at the Center. It is so very humbling to see how God arranges the timetable and brings all of the pieces together.

This past weekend I was very much encouraged by a road trip with three men from our home church to NBBI for the "Men for God" retreat. The opportunity for fellowship and time in the word was tremendous.

It had stormed a bit while we were away, and I was faced with a dilemma. A rental of the Center was scheduled for Monday and I did not feel I would be able to plow the driveway; you see, the problem wasn't the snow, but the ice underneath of the snow. We've had a tremendously mild winter this year and a week ago we had quite a thaw. A lot of the snow melted, but it left a nice thick sheet of ice on the ANBC driveway. The powdery snow on top made it impossible to plow. I opted to pack it down instead - which worked perfectly. I began to wonder at that point if I'd have to fire up the tractor at all this winter. But that question was clearly answered yesterday. We finally got a decent amount of Maritime snow. So, with a bit of apprehension at first (as it's been quite some time since I last plowed), I fired up the Massey and enjoyed doing the first plow of 2012.

The rental at the center went well. It was a group of foreign exchange students from China, they rented the center last year as well and seemed to very much enjoy the opportunity to do some outdoor things and camp out in the lodge.

I'm currently reviewing some material for our summer camps and staff training. I'm very excited about the materials that the Lord has been bringing our way. Once everything is in place I will share the various materials with you here.

Please keep us in prayer as we continue to travel for meetings and doctors appointments. The winter isn't over yet!

2 comments:

Jessica Kramasz said...

Praying for you!

The Fawcetts said...

Thank you so much, it is such a blessing to be held up by fellow Christians in prayer. Blessings to you as well!