Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Ol' Maritime Weather

It's been a cold few days. Yesterday the temperature was down to -37 with the wind (-34.6F). We've been keeping indoors, out of the cold this week and finishing up some of the collateral material for the coming year. I had the chance to operate the tractor with the snow blower on Saturday. It was my first real opportunity to give it a try by myself. Kevin gave me some instruction last week, so having only done it once before I was a bit apprehensive. But it went well, and I'm getting more comfortable driving the tractor with the blower on. It's almost relaxing (if a bit hard on the neck).

The camp truck doesn't seem to like the cold weather and sprung an oil leak. We'll have it in the shop this week for a check up. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Plans are moving ahead for the Men's Retreat in May. We're hoping for a good turnout, and a wonderful weekend together. So mark May 13 to 15 on your calendar and plan to come... it will be a blessing to us, and Lord willing, a blessing to you as well. I'll post the details once everything is confirmed.

No comments: