Tuesday, December 1, 2009

travels, teeth & tractors!

We're Home. Not that we've been able to say that very often over the past two months, but here we are.

Liz enjoyed her time with family while I was out West. Our Christmas errands are just about complete now and we are looking forward to enjoying the rest of the Christmas Season.

My return from Prince Albert was smooth with little adventure to punctuate the journey. I was able to chat with some very nice folks during my layover in Toronto, which certainly helped pass the time. Arriving in Moncton, I was greeted at the airport at about 11pm by Kevin, James & Ben. The guys were on a break from NBBI for American Thanksgiving, so Ben came and spent his time with Liz and I. It was great to have him with us, on Saturday Ben and I had some adventures in Moncton, through which I learned the value of keeping an extra key in the car somewhere... but for future reference, they can cut a key from two broken pieces of the original... in case you were curious! Ben was with us until Sunday afternoon, when we left once again, for Nova Scotia.

Liz had some dental work to be done in Windsor and Halifax, so we drove to Windsor Sunday afternoon and stayed with friends. Liz was in the chair at 8am and I picked her up after 12. It was a long stretch, but the work is almost complete. After another appointment in Halifax we headed back to New Brunswick.

We stopped and picked up my mom on our way by Moncton, and are enjoying her company for a couple of weeks. It is very nice to be able to have her here and spend some time with her. She, Liz, Marcia and Deanna have gone to a ladies dinner at the church tonight.

We are also very pleased to have our Eastern field Directors, Len and Lorrayne Breen with us for the next couple of weeks. We have very much appreciated their ministry to us as they have come on as our directors. They are staying at the home of Roger & Janeice Hill and will be available to us while they are here. We have a couple of meetings booked with them and are looking forward to a gathering of the Eastern Field next week. I'll snap some pics if they're not all too shy.

I do have a prayer request on behalf of Arrowhead. We have been having a struggle with our tractor, or rather, the service to our tractor. We are still working on the details, so I will not say too much, other than that our expectation of the bill from our service provider and the final tally of the bill are far different things. I am looking into the situation, but please pray that I will have wisdom and patience. Please pray also for wisdom and honesty on the part of the shop that has Arrowhead's tractor. I will know tomorrow just where the situation stands and will share more details at that time.

No comments: