Friday, November 13, 2009

There and Back Again

This week has been great. On Monday Kevin and I traveled to N.B.B.I. to visit some of our summer staff who are students. We have five students there who have worked at Arrowhead in the past. We took them out for supper and spent the night in the dorm with the guys. It was a great time, and we had an opportunity to reconnect with them and with some old friends at the school. Both Kevin and I took the opportunity to sit through some classes and chapel - it was very refreshing.

When we returned on Tuesday, Liz and I had the pleasure of visiting with some good friends from Windsor. Our pastor and his wife, Jeff and Sharon White came to visit with us. It was a great encouragement to see them and be able to spend some time with them.

Yesterday, Liz and I took the opportunity to do a little more unpacking and catch up on some office work. It's coming along, slowly but surely... it's beginning to feel like home.

Today, Liz and Marcia set off for N.B.B.I. This weekend is the Ladies conference at the school. They were picking up Venus Coté and a couple of other ladies on their way, it should be a good opportunity for them to spend some time together and enjoy some fellowship and teaching.

Next week promises to be a little quieter, it should give us an opportunity to finish our move into the mobile home, here in Cumberland Bay. But it should also allow Kevin and I to get some winterizing projects done before the work team arrives in a couple of weeks.

Later this month, I am scheduled to go to Prince Albert to headquarters to receive training from Roan Elford, the head of our finance dept. For the two days that I am there, I will be trained to do the books for Arrowhead. Having this training take place at headquarters is important to maintain consistent book keeping throughout the departments in the mission. I look forward to starting in on helping with the ministry at Arrowhead in this practical way.

No comments: