Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Great Adventure

Greetings Friends,

This is it - my last week of work for Just Perfect Solitude. I've always known that it was a temporary job, but I had no idea that it would be extended this far into the year - I've been with Bob for 4 months now. It has been a bit scary for me not knowing just what is around the bend - having had steady employ for a decade has given me an over inflated sense of self confidence. These few months have certainly been training me to put my trust in the Lord - and He has been providing for us in unexpected ways. As far as I know right now I will be starting work with an insulation company in the next week or so, this job should carry us through until we are prepared to move to Cumberland Bay and work full time with Kevin and Marcia!

I was talking to Kevin this past week, and they have begun thinking about next summers camps already. It's all very exciting and the Strouts have some awesome ideas for this years ministry. We plan to do some team building work with Kevin and Marcia in January and are looking very forward to that as well. Just now we have completed all of our booked speaking engagements, but are optimistic about opportunites that will arise in the new year. As a point of praise, our car is running well and we have been blessed with a new set of winter tires.

We look forward to visiting with family and friends over the Holidays, it's without a doubt my favourite time of year.

Blessings to you,
Grant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Grant & Liz & Lucy! A punch and a kiss and a hug, respectively. Don't eat any of that insulation Grant, no matter how much it may look like cotton candy. ;-P

Anyhoo...